Please select a year.
Business Forum on Food Waste Recycling
Businesses and other institutions are invited to attend an annual business recycling forum that will review food waste recycling. The program will be held from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 30, at the Somerset County Emergency Services Training Academy, located at 402 Roycefield Road. Breakfast and registration will be available at 7:30 a.m.
The forum will focus on businesses that generate food waste and savings that can be accrued from recycling. It also will review environmental advantages being created by a new local industry that uses food waste to generate energy or supplant other products utilizing raw materials, including an organic fertilizer being made at Converted Organics, Keasbey, and more traditional compost and innovative fuel and energy products.
The Somerset County Division of Solid Waste Management and the Somerset County Business Partnership are partnering with the Solid Waste Resource Renewal Group (SWRRG), at Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station, to present the forum.
Participants will learn:
• How a waste audit and an assessment of a business’ waste and recycling systems can lead to cost saving opportunities in food waste and other traditional recycling
• Which facilities are accepting food waste for recycling or will do so soon
• Options for on-site food waste recycling, which can reduce transportation and other costs and produce compost or other valuable products
• How to get involved with SWRRG and its new sister organization, Food and Organics for New Jersey (FOR NJ), to utilize food waste recycling to become an innovative “green” business
• How to get free technical assistance—and free greenhouse gas reduction calculations—from the United States Environmental Protection Agency
• Which of your neighbors have already begun planning for food waste recycling
Directions to the Somerset County Food Waste Recycling Forum can be found at http://www.co.somerset.nj.us/_trainingacademy/contact.html.
For information about SWRRG or For NJ, contact Priscilla Hayes at 732-932-9155, ext.233, or email@example.com.